All VWV events & webinars are now delivered by VWV Plus. Find out more…
PING Conference 2021 – UK life sciences opportunities in a changed world
November 17- 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
This year’s PING Conference will focus on how these events have changed the UK life sciences industry for good and the practical and future opportunities for people involved with life sciences including drug discovery and use of health data. This will involve an up-to-date look including what has happened so far in 2021.
17 November 2021
£110 plus VAT
Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences
Virtual online event
We are delighted to bring you the 2021 PING Conference taking place virtually on Wednesday 17 November 2021 entitled ‘UK Life Sciences Opportunities in a Changed World’, in collaboration with IQVIA and sponsored by Hertfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership.
The Conference will look at how the life sciences world has changed dramatically following the industry’s response to COVID-19 and the UK leaving the EU, with the UK right at the heart of the new opportunities.
We have a high calibre of inspirational and informative speakers taking part. Aside from that, PING is renowned for its personalised approach, giving you the opportunity to develop and cement relations with existing contacts and meet new people, as well as interact with speakers and other delegates in an engaging online format. Check out our latest confirmed line-up:
- Lord James Bethell, Under Secretary of State for Innovation at the Department of Health and Social Care – “Creating the innovation environment for Life Sciences in the UK”
- Blake Dark, Interim Chief Commercial Officer at NHS England and Improvement – “NHS Commercial Medicines: Securing innovative treatments for patients”
Need legal advice?
VWV Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences team support clients in the UK and internationally, across the pharmaceutical supply chain
- Ben Osborn, Pfizer UK Country Manager and ABPI President – “The Power of Innovation and Collaboration in Medicines Discovery and Access – lessons from the recent past, vision for a bright UK future”
- Dr Kirsty Wydenbach, Expert Medical Assessor and the Deputy Unit Manager in the Clinical Trials Unit at MHRA – “MHRA innovation supporting the UK to be a global life sciences super-power”
- Andrew Howard, Deputy Director, EU Exit and International Trade at The Office for Life Sciences – “Global Britain – An Exciting New Era for UK Life Sciences”
- Caroline Cake, CEO at Health Data Research UK – “Clinical data and real world evidence in action”
- Professor Sir Peter Donnelly, Founder and CEO of Genomics Plc – “UK at the centre of a genomics revolution”
- Professor Joanne Hackett, Head of Genomic and Precision Medicine at IQVIA – “UK at the centre of a global genomics revolution”
- Professor Chas Bountra, Pro-Vice Chancellor for Innovation, University of Oxford – “Collaboration coming of age”
- Dr Malcolm Skingle, Director, Academic Liaison at GSK – “Collaboration coming of age”
- Claire Ward, CEO of the Institute for Collaborative Working – “Collaboration in practice”
- Richard Phillips, Partner at VWV – “Planning Ahead for the Collaboration”
Presentations will focus on:
- Building on the successes from the COVID-19 response – what next in the UK?
- Creating an environment in the UK for academia and industry to flourish.
- An innovative approach from the UK Government, MHRA, academia and industry to discover, develop and secure earlier and better access to medicines.
- Changing Government spending priorities on innovative and re-purposed medicines and data.
- The opportunities from collaboration, between different organisations, and between academia and industry.
- The exciting role for data in pharma and drug discovery through clinical data in real world evidence and genomic data.
- A changing role for the MHRA through innovating and interacting with other regulators.
- Trading opportunities and building relationships with the rest of the world.
Please note this is an invitation only event.
Follow us #PING21
If you would like to attend our conference, please complete the form below…
Hertfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership is celebrating 10 years of driving economic growth and productivity within the county through innovation, job creation, improved infrastructure and increased workforce skills. Through our business support provision and strategic interventions, we are creating the right conditions for our SMEs to grow and for our high value sectors to flourish, championing the regeneration of our towns, and the development of vital transport and digital connections, to enable our places to realise their full potential. Find out how we are building on our Decade of Delivery: www.hertfordshirelep.co.uk
Follow us on social media
Stay up to date with the latest VWV Plus insights in your news feed.