All VWV events & webinars are now delivered by VWV Plus. Find out more…
Immigration essentials for independent schools
November 25- 9.30 am - 2.30 pm£250.00
With so much changing, it is vital that schools ensure that they are aware of how these changes will affect their activities as sponsors of international students.
25 November 2021
9.30am - 2.30pm
£250 (incl VAT)*
24 King William Street, London, EC4R 9AT
*Please note that there will be a small administration fee on Eventbrite.
A working knowledge of immigration law and practice has never been so important to independent schools as today…
On 5 October, Tier 4 was replaced by the Child Student and Student immigration categories: from 1 January 2021 students from the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland are subject to the same immigration requirements as those from the rest of the world. With so much changing, it is vital that schools ensure that they are aware of how these changes will affect their activities as sponsors of international students.
During this training session we will cover the following topics:
- Child Student visa sponsorship and how it differs from Tier 4
- Sponsoring pupils from EEA countries
- Immigration checks on pupils and other sponsor compliance responsibilities
- Assigning Confirmations of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Basic Compliance Assessments and annual CAS requests
- Biometric Residence Permits, including alternative collection arrangements
- Reporting to UKVI
- The impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on student visa sponsorship
- What to do when things go wrong
Cost: £250 per person (incl VAT)
We hope you are able to join us. If you have any queries, please contact the Events team by email
Want to receive our latest updates?
Subscribe here to receive the latest legal guidance for your sector, straight to your inbox.
Follow us on social media
Stay up to date with the latest VWV Plus insights in your news feed.