- This event has passed.
Immigration essentials for independent schools
May 24- 9.30 am - 2.30 pm£270
With so much changing, it is vital that schools ensure that they are aware of how these changes will affect their activities as sponsors of international students.
24 May 2022
9.30am - 2.30pm
£270 + VAT
24 King William Street, London EC4R 9AT
A working knowledge of immigration law and practice has never been so important to independent schools as today…
On 5 October, Tier 4 was replaced by the Child Student and Student immigration categories: from 1 January 2021 students from the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland are subject to the same immigration requirements as those from the rest of the world. With so much changing, it is vital that schools ensure that they are aware of how these changes will affect their activities as sponsors of international students.
During this session we will cover the following topics:
- Child Student visa sponsorship and how it differs from Tier 4
- Sponsoring pupils from EEA countries
- Immigration checks on pupils and other sponsor compliance responsibilities
- Assigning Confirmations of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Basic Compliance Assessments and annual CAS requests
- Biometric Residence Permits, including alternative collection arrangements
- Reporting to UKVI
- The impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on student visa sponsorship
- What to do when things go wrong
Cost: £324 per person (incl VAT)
Book early to secure your place – we will be capping the number of delegates for this session, as we would like to keep the session interactive and allow plenty of time for you to ask questions to our experts.
We hope you are able to join us. If you have any queries, please contact the Events team by email
Want to receive our latest updates?
Subscribe here to receive the latest legal guidance for your sector, straight to your inbox.
Follow us on social media
Stay up to date with the latest VWV Plus insights in your news feed.