Exclusion training for schools, academies and multi academy trusts
June 28- 2.30 pm - 4.30 pm
Sign up to our two part Exclusion Training session for schools, academies and multiacademy trusts. This training will focus on the statutory exclusion process.
28 June (session 1), 30 June (session 2) 2022
2.30pm - 4.30pm
£80 + VAT
Virtual Online Event
This training will focus on the statutory exclusion process from start to finish including:
- Best practice investigation of incidents
- Factors that must be considered (e.g. contributing features, background, mitigation, etc.)
- SEN, disability and other equality considerations
- Public law/judicial review considerations
- The Headteacher’s decision to exclude
- The importance of sending a high quality exclusion notification letter
- The Governors’ review of the Headteacher’s decision
- An overview of the IRPH process
- Reconsideration by Governors following an IRPH
- Other action by parents (e.g. equality claims, judicial review)
- Upcoming changes expected
Who should attend:
- Staff who investigate incidents (e.g. SLTs)
- Governors (particularly those appointed to Governors’ Discipline Committees)
- Clerk to the Governors and staff who deal with administration of the process
We hope you are able to join us. If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Want to receive our latest updates?
Subscribe here to receive the latest legal guidance for your sector, straight to your inbox.
Follow us on social media
Stay up to date with the latest VWV Plus insights in your news feed.