- This event has passed.
Essential HR for line managers – Session 2: Handling grievances and difficult conversations
June 16- 10.00 am - 11.30 am
This is the second of four bitesize sessions covering the essentials of HR. These sessions are aimed at managers who are relatively new to line management or those wanting a refresher.
16 June 2022
10am - 11.30am
£35 + VAT
Narrow Quay HR
Virtual Online Event
What’s this session about?
Line Managers are usually closest to managing employee issues on the ground and it is therefore essential that they have appropriate support and training in order to this effectively. These expert led sessions will provide delegates with the skills and confidence to deal with the issues they are likely to face in practice. Delegates can attend each session or choose the ones that they feel are the most relevant.
In this second session we will cover grievances and how to handle to difficult conversations. The session will include:
- the definition of a grievance and when to act
- the procedural requirements
- informal resolution and mediation
- investigating, note-taking and record keeping
- decision making and appeals
- when it may be appropriate to act
- planning and preparation
- structuring the conversation
- communication skills The sessions will be interactive with relevant case studies and there will be opportunities to ask questions.
The sessions will be interactive with relevant case studies and there will be opportunities to ask questions.
We hope you are able to join us. If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Want to receive our latest updates?
Subscribe here to receive the latest legal guidance for your sector, straight to your inbox.
Follow us on social media
Stay up to date with the latest VWV Plus insights in your news feed.