Effective safeguarding training for Governors
October 4- 9.30 am - 3.30 pm£270
Getting the governance of safeguarding right in your school has never been so important, or so challenging. Join our expert at this in-person training session, where you’ll be able to obtain a greater understanding of effective safeguarding techniques in your role as governor.
4 October 2022
9.30am - 3.30pm
Getting the governance of safeguarding right in your school has never been so important, or so challenging. Join our experts to obtain a greater understanding of what is expected and how to discharge your safeguarding governance obligations in your role as governor or proprietor of your school.
This seminar will explore the following topics:
- the legal and regulatory framework for safeguarding
- the specific requirements for the leadership and management of safeguarding and child protection in schools, set out in KCSIE Part 2
- the Charity Commission’s safeguarding requirements
- what we can learn from IICSA’s residential schools investigation report
- appropriate delegation arrangements
- how proprietors should undertake an effective annual review of safeguarding and perform their oversight role
We hope you are able to join us. If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Want to receive our latest updates?
Subscribe here to receive the latest legal guidance for your sector, straight to your inbox.
Follow us on social media
Stay up to date with the latest VWV Plus insights in your news feed.