All VWV events & webinars are now delivered by VWV Plus. Find out more…
Effective safeguarding for governors
October 19- 9.30 am - 3.30 pm£250.00
Getting the governance of safeguarding right in your school has never been so important, or so challenging. Join our expert, Tabitha Cave, at this in-person traning session, where you’ll be able to obtain a greater understanding of effective safeguarding techniques in your role as governor.
19 October 2021
9.30am - 3.30pm
The training will ensure that you obtain a greater understanding of effective safeguarding techniques in your role as governor. In this session, you will:
- learn how to demonstrate fitness to act as a governor
- learn about the Charity Commission’s new safeguarding strategy and the implication of their calls for moral leadership
- extract key learning points from IICSA’s latest interim report
- be introduced to the legal and regulatory framework, including governors as proprietors and as charity trustees and an overview of key government guidance in this area
- discover more about the role of the Chair and the nominated safeguarding governor
- learn safer recruitment tips for governors, including effective interrogation of the Single Central Register
- discover the proper role of governors in complaints, allegations and incidents, including relationships with local agencies/police
- find out how to conduct the annual review of safeguarding.
- learn how to demonstrate strong leadership
- be more prepared for inspection
- find out more about adopting a best practice approach to safeguarding governance
We hope you are able to join us. If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Want to receive our latest updates?
Subscribe here to receive the latest legal guidance for your sector, straight to your inbox.
Follow us on social media
Stay up to date with the latest VWV Plus insights in your news feed.